Location and travel details
The distance from the Channel Tunnel is about 475 miles (7-8 hours drive using the route Calais-Rouen-Le Mans-Poitiers-Angouleme-Riberac). There are various options for Channel ferry crossings, including Brittany Ferries from Portsmouth to the nearest ports at Caen or St Malo, which are about 6-7 hours drive away.
Ryanair and Flybe have regular budget flights from several UK locations to the nearest airport at Bergerac, which is less than an hour away. Bordeaux airport is only about 1.5 hours drive and is serviced from the UK by several operators, including BA, Easyjet and Flybe. Ryanair also fly to Limoges airport, which is about 2 hours away. Car hire is available at all these airports.
- Location: 4 Domaine de Champagnac, 24600, Vanxains, Dordogne
- Car: necessary
- Nearest Airport: Bergerac at 35 miles
- Nearest Ferry: St Malo at 320 miles
- Nearest Station: Chalais at 15 miles
- Nearest TGV: Angouleme at 37 miles
- Nearest Motorway: Montpon at 19 miles
- Tourist Information: Click here